Thursday, December 10, 2009

No Car So I'm Walking

I had to walk home because I had no car and missed my bus.  Even though there was other buses apparently I missed my bus because I was talking to the mail lady.  On my way home walking I ran into old friends and they wanted to invite me to go places with them, one after another.  I kept saying no because I was too embarrassed that I had no car and had to walk. They all understood and said their goodbyes.  Not long after that a car full of girls from school about 17 years old or so almost ran me off the sidewalk.  It was in slow motion and I could see the look on their faces.  The brunette driver kept looking down and not paying attention to the sidewalk and then they cruised passed me.  The car was packed full of it seemed about 7 girls all packed in tight.  The car was maybe a Festiva or Aspire if you've ever seen them type of cars?
After the car passed me I thought it was going to run into a telephone pole but instead fell into what looked like a little ditch.  But when the car fell in it slowly was sinking faster and faster.  There were a lot of other people around who had seen it as well even though they were a bit spread out.  I ran to the rescue only to find the car falling into a square mud hole that fit the car almost perfectly.  I immediately leaped in thinking I could somehow pull it out on my own or at least slow it down but that didn't work.  The car somehow slowly flipped to it's side stopping horizontally but up against one of the walls.  It had to be about 10 feet wide but it didn't seem like that.
Then I jumped lower than the car on the opposite side of the car but lower down.  The girls are screaming every time the car jerks further and further down.  When I looked down it was dark and it seemed like it would never end.  A square abyss into the unknown...  That's when I considered my own safety and was hoping to hold to my grip.  On the walls about every 6 feet a metal bar was holding the walls up along with the corners running down the four corners.
From above people were yelling that they found someone to help.  Relief from the girls was sort lived because when I thought I couldn't make it because it would take too long.

That is when I woke up.

I kind of just spit this one out as fast as I could so I hope it makes some sort of sense.
The fear of dying does wake me up quite a bit.

No comments: